Visa Information

All foreign nationals entering China are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Chinese Mission or Post abroad.

Please see for more details.

Regarding Types of Visas:

A Tourist Visa (L Visa) is available for stays in China that are related to an investigation, a lecture, to do business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or internship for a period of no more than six months. Please have your flight itinerary from the airline or travel agency before applying for your visa.

Details of obtaining this type of Visa can be found at the above link.

It is recommended to submit applications no later than one month before the intended trip.

For Visa Questions and Support:

Embassy of China to the USA:

Visa Services:
Perry International:
TraVisa Outsourcing:
PVS International:


**Note this information was updated on 23 December 2013 and obtained from the Consulate-General of China's website. Please check with the closest Consulate-General of China for exact Visa requirements. Registered delegates who fail to obtain a Visa in time for the conference are not eligible for a refund registration fees. Please see the cancellation and refund policy for more information.